Tuesday, January 8, 2013

40 Deeds for Stacy Heath




Another guest blog, about a good friend


Stacy Heath was the most enthusiastic, passionate, fun-loving person most of us have ever known. She gave more of herself than she ever received from others. It was her mantra. She lived and breathed making other people happy. The connections she made, the grapevines she wove, were more often than not the glue that held relationships together. When she died suddenly and tragically in December from a hemorrhagic stroke, the gaping hole that was created in our daily lives was immense. Who could ever fill a space so uniquely hers?

Another dear friend of mine, Randi Hunter, also mourning this great loss confided in both Tom (Stacy's husband of 21 years) and I that she was going to do 40 Good Deeds in honor of Stacy on her birthday. “Instead of crying all day, I choose to do good deeds.” Hearing her positive spin on such a recent and tragic loss, we had to jump on board! Tom and I both agreed to take the day off of work and all together (with my husband) we are going to do 40 Good Deeds to celebrate Stacy in “true Stacy fashion” (as Randi says).

We decided to create a page to get the message out to her other friends and family so we could do it all together. We worked together to create the 40 Deeds page on Facebook in honor of Stacy Heath and her giving heart. The page caught on quickly; many people joined in our efforts to spread the word of 40 Deeds and within 36 hours the page had over 200 likes. Anyone who has ever come into contact with Stacy has been touched by her in some way; it’s a beautiful thing to see so many other people get involved.

Stacy didn’t just do good deeds one day, she did them every day. We would love for people to do daily good deeds and live the giving spirit that Stacy did. However, on this first birthday since we lost her, it will be particularly difficult for all of us. Hence the purpose for 40 Good Deeds on January 23rd, Stacy’s 40th Birthday.

Tom says “If Stacy were here, this is the sort of thing that she would orchestrate or at least passionately participate in.” Spreading this message of goodwill and seeing it ripple through Northern Michigan helps to heal our hearts. As we come together on her 40th Birthday, join us in committing to touch someone else’s life. If everyone did just one good deed, just imagine the impact that would have on our community, families and world. We can change the world one Good Deed at a time, One Day at a time…because that’s what Stacy Heath would want. She did them every day; she even gave the Gift of Life after passing away.

Xo – Anora O’Connor, Stacy’s Friend & Chosen Family
(Also with Randi Hunter, Dear Friend and Tom Heath, Husband of 21 years)

2 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely honored to be a part of this and I hope everybody jumps on board. Love you to pieces Stacy!!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I was having a terrible day! My car wouldn't start when I went to leave for work, while at work I get a message from my daughter that my toilet wont flush and a plunger wont fix it. It is 8 pm and I needed to pay a plumber emergency pay. I am a bartender at a family restaurant. I was angry and frustrated. I look over my shoulder to see a super cute young girl that can barely see over the bar. I approach her to see what I can help her with to find out she is there to help me! She smiles and hands me a flower along with a slip of paper. Her mom came over to explain that she is part of the 40 deeds for Stacy and she was told to give the flower to anyone that she wanted. I have to say that her act completely changed my evening! How can I camplain or be upset with such minor problems, small bumps in the road? Thank you Stacy and all of these angels that you have impacted that are doing so much to share the ripple! I will now be a ripple! I am also going to spend the next 40 days going out of my way to make a difference to one person! :)

    ReplyDelete